Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, the Arts Undergraduate Society of McGill University and its designated officers (hereinafter collectively referred to as “AUS”), has developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information.
1) Before or at the time of collecting personal information, the AUS will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
2) The AUS will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by the AUS and for other compatible purposes, unless the AUS obtains the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
3) The AUS will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
4) The AUS will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
5) Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
6) The AUS will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
7) At no time will The AUS, collect, store or distribute sensitive personal information; including but not limited to: government identification numbers, personal addresses, phone numbers.*
8) At no time will The AUS ever ask for, collect, store or distribute financial information of any kind; including but not limited to: credit card information, bank account information.**
9) The AUS will make readily available to customers information about AUS policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
10) The AUS are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
* The AUS may ask for student ID numbers and email addresses for verification of AUS membership status and associated fees.
** All payment processing is handled externally by PayPal, independent of The AUS and its staff.