Please note: due to construction, we are only able to host two (2) table bookings per day. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause!
To better serve our clients, we have introduced a new set of policies for table bookings. If you book a table now, these new policies will take effect. Bookings made before the introduction of these policies are covered by the Former Table Booking Policies.
Non-AUS groups: do not make last-minute payments! No refunds will be issued if you pay at the last minute, and processing has not completed before the deadline.
The AUS manages bookings for the three tables in the Leacock lobby. Please see our table booking policies below, which outline the individual purposes for each of the tables, cancellation policy, fee regulations, and more.
Failure to follow the policies outlined below may result in your group being banned from using the tables in the Leacock lobby.
- Samosa and Baked Goods (Pastry) Table bookings cost $15
- Non-AUS groups: All bookings must be paid by cash or card in person at the AUS office
- Non-AUS groups: After your booking has been approved, you must pay for your booking within 72 hours of approval, or before midnight* of the day of your booking, whichever is earlier.
- It is no longer possible to book tables for the next business day.
- Table bookings are not available for summer sessions.
There are 3 different tables available to book in the Leacock building. There can only be 1 Samosa sale and 1 Bake sale per day:
Samosa Table – Only Samosas can be sold at this table (Other foods, such as grilled cheese, require approval from the AUS president). No Baked goods (cookies, cake, donuts, etc). No drinks may be given out or sold unless consent is provided by the AUS VP Finance or President.
Bake (Pastry) Sale Table – Only Baked goods can be sold at this table. No Samosas. No drinks may be given out or sold unless consent is provided by the AUS VP Finance or President
Info / Promo Table – This table is used to promote events, seminars, and causes. Can be used to sell tickets or books. This table CANNOT be used to give out OR sell ANY food or drinks without approval from the AUS VP Finance or President.
Please note that requests must be made via the Table Booking tab on our home page, and not in person at the AUS office. Dates are subject to availability.
- A table can only be used by the group that originally made the reservation.
- Groups cannot give their reservation to a different group without approval from the AUS President.
- Groups must not take up more than one table, even if the others are vacant for a period.
AUS Groups: Cancellations should be made 2 weeks prior to your booking. If you cancel in the week leading up to your booking, it will count towards your allotted tables per semester.
Non-AUS Groups: Cancellations can be made via email or in person before your booking has been approved, and during the payment period after your booking has been approved. After the payment period has passed, whether or not you have paid, the booking will count towards your allotted tables per semester. No refunds will be issued.
- Unpaid rental fees and last-minute cancellations are grounds to ban a group from further table reservations.
- If a group makes a reservation, and then does not use the table on that day, the reservation counts towards their allotted bookings.
- Non-AUS groups MAY ONLY BOOK UP TO 14 DAYS IN ADVANCE, BOOKINGS MADE BY NON-AUS GROUPS WILL BE CANCELLED.
- Priority with table reservations is given to AUS groups.
- Approval of table reservations for AUS groups will be made in the second to last week of the preceding month.
- AUS Groups are allotted 2 Samosa sales, 1 Bake sale, and 2 Info / Promo tables, per semester.
- AUS groups can pre-book table reservations in bulk.
- There is no rental fee for AUS Groups.
Non-AUS Student Groups at McGill
Groups must be affiliated with an accredited student association to book a table
Non-AUS Student Groups can only make 1 table reservation at a time. Once their reservation has passed, they may submit a request for another table.
Non-AUS Student Groups are allotted 1 Samosa sale OR 1 Bake sale, and 2 Info / Promo tables, per semester.
There is a $10 or $15 rental fee per table booking ($10 for Information or Promotion, $15 for Samosa or Bake table). After your booking has been approved, you must pay for your booking within 72 hours of approval, or prior to 11:59 PM of the day before your booking; whichever is earlier. You must pay in person with cash at the AUS office.
External Groups / Companies
Any groups that do not fall into the aforementioned categories require a sponsorship agreement with AUS.
Inquiries regarding the sponsorship agreement can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.