Dear fellow Arts students;
Financial Management Committee / Audit Committee interviews are underway (which means the application deadline has passed). Members should be selected by the end of next week.
Departmental allocations have been calculated; I am in the process of emailing each departmental association’s VP Finance and hope to finish that by today. Due to some technical difficulties with my AUS office computer, some departments may not receive notification until Saturday.
Departmental budgets are due on October 10! To everybody who is working on their departmental association’s budget, please keep the following in mind:
- All budgets must be in AUSB format (template available on the “funding and finance” page of this website.
- Set aside 15% of your annual allocation as a ‘reserve’ (include this in the expense section of your budget).
- A point of clarification: The allocation I specify in my email to the departmental VP Finances are allocations for the whole year, not per semester.
- Any departmental association with their own bank account will receive their allocation after their budget is approved. If you send your budget before the October 10 deadline and before the first FMC meeting (date TBD), you can get early approval and therefore receive your allocation earlier.
I plan on making a Facebook group for departmental VP Finances, so do not be surprised if you get a friend request from me.
And now my office hours:
- Monday: 9:30 – 11:25 ; BACKUP HOURS: 3:00 – 5:00
- Tuesday: 2:00 – 3:30
- Wednesday: 10:30 – 11:25, 1:30 – 2:30
- Thursday: 10:30 – 11:30, 2:00 – 3:30
- Friday: 12:30 – 2:30
About Monday’s backup hours: I will only use these if I announce ahead of time that I will miss the morning hours. For instance, on Monday the 23rd I will miss my morning hours because I am traveling this weekend.